Choose the correct form (with or without
“the”). Listen and check if you were right.
1. Volga / The Volga is the longest river in
Europe / the Europe.
2. Canada / The Canada is in North America /
the North America.
3. The highest mountain in the world is Mount
Everest / the Everest.
4. United Kingdom / The United Kingdom con-
sists of Great Britain / the Great Britain and
Northern Ireland / the Northern Ireland.
5. Have you ever been to Lake Baikal / the Lake
6. Bahamas / The Bahamas are a group of
islands in Atlantic Ocean / the Atlantic Ocean.
7. This unusual town is situated near Lake
Onega / the Lake Onega.
8. Next year they are going to try their luck in
Pamirs / the Pamirs.
9. The capital of USA / the USA is Washington,
DC / the Washington, DC, though some
people think it’s New York t the New York.