Посмотрите на информационную карту и обозначьте какие картинки, которые соответствуют высказываниям. Прочитайте вслух.
1. About 20% of the world’s population speak English. (4)
2. Doctors and scientists try to answer the same questions all over the world. They find it easy to exchange their ideas in English. (9)
3. English has become a means of communication within some countries where different groups of people speak different languages. For example, in India there are 15 official languages and thousands of dialects. People from different parts of the country often do not speak each other’s language.
4. English is the only solution to their communication problems. (2)
5. English is called the language of the sky and the sea. Every pilot and ship’s captain must speak English to communicate with each other. (1.3.)
6. Most vocabulary in the modern computing is in English. 30% of all information in the world’s computers is in English. (8)
7. English is the language of politicians. English along with French and German is spoken at their summit meetings. Most international journalists have to know English, too. (3)
8. 15% of all international business letters are written in English. Nearly 50% of the companies communicate with each other in English. (6)
9. English is the language of rock and pop music. Most of world known singers sing their songs in English. (10)
10. US and British companies produce thousands of films, videos and TV programs every year. They are shown all over the world with subtitles and dubbing. (7)