Прочтите примеры и подумайте, чем они отличаются. Потом объедините предложения, чтобы дополнить ситуации.
1. — d. Jim has been showing his family photos for three hours. All his guests are dying of hunger and irritation.
2. — a. Jim showed his family photos for three hours. He quit only when one of the guests asked for some coffee and biscuits.
3. — e. Jessie and Julie have been close friends since their childhood. They don’t have any secrets from each other.
4. — b. Jessie and Julie were close friends since their childhood. But they quarrelled once and haven’t seen each other since.
5. — f. I have been trying to solve the the maths problem for two hours. However, there is still no success.
6. — e. I tried to solve the maths problem for two hours. When I became sure that I had no chance, I gave up on it.