Выполните Упражнения 6 и 10 письменно.
6. Вы помните некоторые факты из истории России, Америки и Британии? Ответьте на следующие вопросы.
a) Russia is the largest country in the world. It is situ-
ated in the North-East. The longest river in Russia is Vol-
ga. Old Russian towns on the Volga are Samara, Nizhny
Novgorod, Volgograd. Yury Dolgoruky founded the capi-
tal of Russia in 1147. Red square is the heart of Moscow.
The birch tree is the most famous tree in Russia.
c) Christopher Columbus discovered America. The
name of the ship that sailed from England to America
was the «Mayflower». There were no women on board
of the «Mayflower». George Washington was the first
president of the United States. There are 50 states in the
United States. Washington is the capital of the United
10. Выразите ту же мысль, но другим способом.
1. The plane is arriving half an hour later.
2. My friends are coming to Moscow for the weekend.
3. My grandparents are moving in a new flat next week.
4. When are they arriving?
5. She is leaving St Petersburg in two days.